COVID-19 Safety Protocols – What to expect when you visit to the Practice
As always, the safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. We want to stress that Priory Dental Care is a safe place to be. We have always had strict infection control policies, and have further increased levels of infection control and PPE to the highest standard in light of the current situation.
Please be advised that, for now and the foreseeable future, patients can only attend the practice once they have been telephone triaged, assessed and allocated an arrival time. So, if you’d like to book an appointment, or you require oral healthcare products, please telephone us on 01366 386666 in the first instance.
We have made some changes to your practice visits to help protect both our patients and our staff : –
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. You’ll be asked to confirm those questions again when you are in the practice
- We ask that you attend your appointment(s) alone, where possible, and to bring as few personal belongings as possible, as you cannot take these into the surgeries
- Please do NOT arrive early for your appointment, as in order to adhere to social distancing measures, we can only let you in at your allocated appointment time. We kindly ask that you wait outside the practice until a member of the team calls you in, so that we can control the number of people in the practice at any one time. In times of bad weather, please wait in your vehicle for us to call you on your mobile
- On arrival, we ask that you wear a face mask, or other suitable face covering, unless you have a medical exemption. We will be taking your temperature (using a contactless thermometer) and asking you to disinfect your hands, before we take you through to see the dentist/hygienist
- You will see that our waiting area no longer offers seating, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We also ask that you please make yourself comfortable before leaving home, as we currently have no patient toilet facilities (exceptions can be made for those with medical conditions)
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
Please do not attend the practice unless you have been asked to do so – if you need help or advice, please give us a call on 01366 386666.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.